One day in the slab


I was walking and thinking one day I shall die.
Probably from an accident or from eating too much ice cream with my first salary, who knows.
Anyway they shall take me to the morgue where I shall be injected with Morphine or Ketamine or some other weird drug I do not know the name too.
Then I can almost see the medical examiner doing a postmortem exam on me.
It shall be dark coz come on who wants to be dissected during the day? He will have only one light on that stands near my head and shines on my whole body.
He shall be standing over me and I will be hovering around in spirit waiting to play with the lights if he makes a mistake.
By play with, i mean shake it so hard he knows he's wrong.
He will then turn on his recorder and start the examination
"Jane Doe," because I shall be a bad ass spy and no one will know my name by then, "female, about five foot six, sixty six kilograms looks to be about ninety years old (coz who wants to die now). Shows laceration around the eyes and some bruising around the hands. Broken hip and wrist suggesting she probably fell." Me shaking the lamp so hard., the ME rolling his eyes, "Broken hip and wrist consistent with a fall down the stairs....." Then he will drone on and on at which point i will probably doze off coz come on am ninety eight I have the attention span of a baby. Thou I will still be dead.
I hope by then my life will count.
People will not look at me and think engineer or author or baker or even mother and daughter. Thou those will be good.
I hope when the time comes people will instead see the legacy I am trying to leave behind. The peoples life I will have changed for the better.
All I ask is please let there be guns at my funeral.
Haha coz who wants to go without a bang.
I don't.

Comments