Dreams?

So today I decided hey am going to turn my life around.
I woke up early, listened to some podcasts of brilliant people, listened to Sia tell me am unstoppable, dragged my ass out of bed and worked out for about thirty minutes.
After I took a cold shower, I sat on my bed and started thinking what now?
I do not have a job to go to to work hard at.
I do not have school to go to or an exam to read for or the next lecture to study up on.
I do not have a report due that I have to fill out, actually this I do have.
Yet somehow its not what I imagined after I was motivated this morning.
What I imagined is that I would jump out of bed and run ten miles, then come back home singing and jumping.
Then I will start making phonecalls you know, to people who matter like Bob Collymore and maybe Steve Jobs even though he is no longer with us. They would tell me an awesome.
Then after my phone calls I will have my secretary call in my next meeting and another after that and throughout the day I will be impeccably dressed with my hair in place, emitting an aura of importance.
Then after work I would go to a yoga class and namaste the crap out of all those posses.
Then I would retire to my apartment uptown for a glass of wine and a relaxing evening in a bubble bath.
Ooh dreams!
The reality is that I am seated here trying to brave the cold and I am so sure after I post this blog am so going back to bed.
And since I am tired, I am going to sleep extra long and hard, then I will wake up at about one and ask myself what is wrong with me? Why don't I want success? Then tomorrow the cycle of dreaming up a good life and sleeping my ass off continues.
Until next time.
For now I say goodnight.
Jenga nchi ntakuja kupaka rangi.

Comments