Cat Fight

Yesterday night was a night of drama and 3D cinema moments when two women who are supposed to be my neighbors (who knows there neighbors in Nairobi?) got into a fight over a man.
It started out as a quarrel over water, you have to understand free water is like gold so when it comes to the tap every Tuesday we carry all our containers and ran down the stairs like a bunch of eager kids after candy.
Their is no logical order to which people fetch water it is always first come first served, even if first has fifty twenty litres containers you have to wait.
So during this moments we always have a squabble or a spat a time or two that is normal.
But yesterday the squabble turned out into a full blown out argument then some punches were thrown.
You would ask me why did I not try to stop it like all those hero's in the movies, I will tell you it all happened so fast. One minute I was standing their chatting mindlessly with some random dude, complaining about the government and water rationing, the next moment I hear raised voices.
One actually dared to say, "achana na bwana yangu," I was still wondering if the husband was a kid who could not defend themselves when the first punch was thrown.
Soon it was like two wet cats rolling all over the muddy surface trying to pull each others hair out.
And Kenyans being Kenyans, mwah being one of them, we just stood by watching. Some were even cheering, I will not deny that I might have cheered and jeered them on for about a second.
Or two.
One man tried to get in their to break it up and the women turned on him.
When the police arrived we all dispersed so fast to watch from the balcony and recount what happened amongst each other.
What can I say? I like a good cat fight as much as the next guy.
Especially if it is over a stupid guy who can defend himself.
Women why do we turn against each other?  Wouldn't it be be better to find this guy and beat the crap out of him.
I will help.

Comments